September 20, 2022
Nikon has today announced the new Nikkor 17-28mm F2.8 ultra-wide-angle lens for full-frame Z-Mount cameras at The Photography Show 2022, and Andy Westlake, AP Technical Editor has taken hands-on photos of the new lens.
In partnership with ASUS
There’s a minimum focus distance of 19cm, a fast F/2.8 aperture across the zoom range, and a rounded 9-blade aperture. The lens has been designed to minimise focus breathing, as well as give very quiet focus, which should help make the lens suitable for video use.
The lens weighs 450g, and has a 67mm filter thread, with a diameter of 75mm, and length of 101mm. There’s also a petal shaped lens hood included in the box, as well as a case, which is nice to see.
The Z Nikkor 17-28mm F2.8 lens will be available from the end of October 2022, and has a price of £1199 (UK) / €1399 (ROI) / $1199 (USA).
Nikon Nikkor Z 17-28mm F2.8 Specifications
- 17-28mm focal length (on FF)
- f/2.8 – f/22 aperture
- 13 elements in 11 groups (including 2 ED elements, 1 super-ED element, 3 aspherical elements)
- Internal focusing system with close-focusing distance: 19cm / 0.19 m (depending on focal length)
- Constant aperture f/2.8
- Rounded 9-blade aperture
- 67mm filter attachment size
- Dimensions: 75mm x 101mm (diameter x length)
- Weight: 450g
- Includes len caps, lens hood, and lens case
If you were able to make it to The Photography Show, then you would have been able to see this brand-new Nikon lens in person, and try it on your own Nikon Z-mount mirrorless camera. However, if you didn’t make it, then feel free to have a look at our video below:
See more content on The Photography Show 2022.
Follow AP on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.